This Notice explains how Kevin de Klerk obtains, uses and discloses your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and related laws.
The Privacy Notice applies to any website, application, form, document, product or service which references this Privacy Notice.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
POPIA defines personal information as "information which relates to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, aN identifiable, existing juristic person". This includes, but is not limited to, your name, sex, gender, address, contact details, identity number and medical or health information.
WHO WE ARE
In this Privacy Notice, any reference to "we" refers to Kevin de Klerk.
Our website address is: www.kevindeklerk.com
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose we will collect contact details including your name and organisation.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using "cookies" which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
● To gather contact information;
● To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
● For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
● To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
● For audit and record keeping purposes;
● In connection with legal proceedings
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
● Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
● Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
● Physical security;
● Computer and network security;
● Access to personal information;
● Secure communications;
● Security in contracting out activities or functions;
● Retention and disposal of information;
● Acceptable usage of personal information;
● Governance and regulatory issues;
● Monitoring access and usage of private information;
● Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
● When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
YOUR RIGHT: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require.
We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us:
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR
Whereas we would appreciate the opportunity to first address any complaints regarding our processing of your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O. Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com